Today I share my conversation with Hayley Gene Penner, singer, songwriter, and author of the new memoir People You Follow, which explores Hayley's relationships - from her childhood as the daughter of a celebrity to the coercive relationship with her boss. Hayley's stories of questionable sexual encounters, artistic aspirations, and emotional abuse trace her coming of age in the music industry.
- Pretending to be someone else / putting on an act
- Accessing your value as a partner
- Expressing anger
- Being the "cool" girl
- Having gratitude for all of life's experiences
- Forgiveness and compassion
- Re-framing failure and defining success
- What comes in when you create space
- Integrating feelings of freedom after escaping from a controlling situation
- Hayley's book - People You Follow
- Hayley's Instagram
- Hayley on Spotify
- The Pattern iPhone App
- Undefined Episode 2 - discussing the "cool girl"
- David Attenborough's A Life On Our Planet