Today I share my conversation with EB Meerson, a high school teacher and founder of Maison de Meerson, a personal styling consulting service for people size 16+ who reclaim the label "fat."
- Challenges of being a first generation American
- EB's near death experience and how that sparked deep gratitude for her body
- Holding trauma in the body
- Diet culture and systems of supremacy
- How "beauty" has been replaced by "health"
- Reclaiming the label "fat"
- EB's personal styling consulting company
- How being a teacher is a mirror
- Maison de Meerson Website and Instagram
- Sabrina Strings Fearing the Black Body: The Racial Origins of Fat Phobia
- Christy Harrison's article COVID-19 Does Not Discriminate by Body Weight
- Lindy West coming out as "fat" on This American Life
- JIBRI designer
- Simi Botic's Website and Instagram
- Glennon Doyle's Untamed
- Toni Morrison's Playing in the Dark
List of EB's recommended Instagram accounts to follow: @gabifresh @yrfatfriend @thebodyisnotanapology @roseybeeme @theplusbus @modachrome @therealmrskelley @marielle.elizabeth @itsmekellieb @thisisjessicatorres